Monday, March 10, 2014

The Other Side of Life - New Sewing Machine!



I'm using these posts to occasionally describe other things I enjoy (besides books.) I used to post these projects on my other blog, but I posted so seldom that I decided to include them here. Feel free to skip this one, if you are strictly in it for the books.

I can't remember the last time I didn't have a book review ready to post on Monday. But I thought I'd explain part of the reason why I'm not reading as much lately. I took my 14-year-old sewing machine in to be fixed and found out it was going to cost too much to fix it, and being 14 years old, probably not worth it. So, while I certainly didn't have a new machine in my budget, I really can't live without one. And, while I haven't been sewing a huge amount lately, getting a new sewing machine sure puts you in the mood! So, here's the new baby:

It's a Baby Lock Elizabeth. Not the fanciest machine, but it's got everything I need and then some. I've been sewing on Baby Locks for years, so it is already very familiar and was easy to get used to.

Here's my first project:
A book bag, of course! I've had this fabric for a long time, and actually cut out the pieces months ago, but still didn't sew it until now. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, and it puts me in the mood for SPRING! It's a Heather Bailey pattern called Smarty Girl Book Bag.

I need to get to the fabric store to get ready for my next project!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely book bag! I need to learn how to sew, just think of all the bookish crafts I could make. :-) Your new machine is beautiful, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...