Saturday, August 6, 2011

Book Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope, by Maureen Johnson

When I first began reading The Last Little Blue Envelope, I got a sense of déjà vu. It seemed like this was the same story as 13 Little Blue Envelopes, but the introduction of some new characters and an adventurous plot soon drew me right back into the story.

Yes, Ginny is going back to England because someone has found her backpack with all the letters in it, including the last one. She meets this person, Oliver, and he’s not very nice. She also surprised Keith with her arrival, and she is surprised in turn, by his new girlfriend, Ellis. So things don’t start out very positive for Ginny.

Not only is this an adventure book, it’s mostly a road trip book. Johnson writes an exciting adventure where pretty much nothing goes according to plan. And it’s all led by Aunt Peg, through her last letter to Ginny.

Since we’ve read Johnson’s first story about Ginny, this one is somewhat predictable, but I found myself not caring. I was along for the ride and enjoyed the characters interactions and their ability to overcome obstacles no matter what the cost. These are memorable characters, and that’s what made this one special for me.

I would consider this a must read for anyone who has read the first book. I don’t think it would be as enjoyable if you haven’t.

Published by HarperTeen, April 26, 2011
Copy purchased by me.
280 pages

Rating: 3.5/5
 



Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...