Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Memories: Moby Dick

Welcome to my meme, Monday Memories, where I feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and leave a comment below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

I also wanted to let you know about another wonderful blog that you should check out. Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing does a weekly post called Memory Monday. She has been posting about her childhood memories of books. What's great about Ashley's site is that she is asking for guest posts for her Memory Monday event!  So hop on over there and check it out.


When I was in college, many students had to read Moby Dick for various literature classes they took. I did not. However, I decided I SHOULD read it, so I trudged through it. Before I read the book, I knew the basic premise -- Captain Ahab nuts about killing the big white whale that was his nemesis. Now, about 20 years after the reading of this huge tome, that's about all I can remember. The book didn't leave a big impression. I remember thinking it was extremely overly descriptive. At something like 700 pages, it was a long book. But I got through it. And today I can say I read it. Whoo hoo!

How about you? Any extremely long, old classics you want to discuss?


Share one of your cherished book memories!

You can do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.  Leave a comment below with the link to your post.

Or, just leave one of your Monday Memories right here in the comments.

Be sure to visit some other blogs that have posted their links. Thanks!






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I have very bad (and painful) memories of Moby Dick. I read it last year so it is still kind of fresh in my mind. I never got into the plot and really struggled to cross the finish line... But like you said, it looks really nice on my "read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Crime and Punishment in the same way at 15. I can't remember a thing about it, but I've read important Russian literature and that's all that matters, right? :P

    I hope to tackle Moby Dick properly one day soon, but I am a bit put off by all the philosophy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...