Friday, April 11, 2014

Feature & Follow Friday - Bad, Bad Book

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Happy Friday everyone. Here's this week's question from Parajunkee and Alison:

Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.

Panic, by Lauren Oliver is the only book I've given a 2 out of 5 rating this year (so far.) I just really didn't connect with this book.


In my full review, I had problems with the premise (especially the money part), the stupidity of the parents and the authorities, and I didn't think the characters were distinct. Here's a quote from my review: The premise is not believable. Not even believable enough that I could suspend my disbelief (and I'm pretty good at that.) 

I would, however HIGHLY RECOMMEND Oliver's other books. I loved both Before I Fall and The Delirium Trilogy.

As always, this is only my opinion, and I've read plenty of reviews that rave about Panic. But you asked, so I answered.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a link. Have a great weekend!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I love Lauren Oliver and I really want to read this! I'm on the fence now, though. I'll have to check it out myself! ;)


    Great post! I'm a new follower! Xx.

    My FF Post.

    My blog link.

    - Cary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. Too bad you didn't like this. I've gone both ways with Lauren's books.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I've never read any of her books, but I've considered it... I am not read this one though.

    New follower via bloglovin
    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...