Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Audio Book Review: Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

I would classify Confessions of a Murder Suspect as "Mystery - Lite."

Tandy Angel is investigating the murder of her mother and father. They were found dead, in their bed, locked in their apartment. There's no sign of foul play and Tandy and her siblings, as well as her mother's personal assistant, are the only suspects.

Tandy's family is unique. All of them are highly intelligent or extremely talented -- or both. Their parents were rich, owning a big pharmaceutical company.

Tandy finds out secrets about her parents that cause her to think that maybe she or one of her siblings DID commit the murders. Tandy speaks directly to the reader (or listener, in this case) which I think can be used effectively, but was just too cute in this case.

I found Confessions of a Murder Suspect to be overly dramatic. This may have something to do with the way the audio narrator, Emma Galvin, read it.

My biggest problem was the huge plot hole. Well, there were several little ones, but the way the book ended was just lame. There was an autopsy, right? That's all I'll say because I don't want to give anything away. The epilogue was kind of just tacked on and didn't serve much of a purpose.

Confessions of a Murder Suspect is a very short, quick read. It has very short chapters (as Patterson is known for) and I'm sure a young newbie to the mystery genre would find it enjoyable, but I'm too old (or should I say "well read") to find much entertainment here.

Published by Little, Brown & Co, 2012, Audio: James Patterson-Young Readers
Audiobook obtained from Sync YA Literature
387 pages

Rating: 3/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...