Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Book Review: Blue Labyrinth by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Blue Labyrinth is part of the series involving FBI Special Agent Pendergast. The story kept my interest and had some surprising twists and turns.

I'm not familiar with the series or this character, so I'm going to review this book like you aren't either. Pendergast is filthy rich and doesn't draw a salary from the FBI. He's unorthodox but successful, so the FBI puts up with his quirks.

The story starts when Pendergast finds the dead body of his estranged son on his front porch. He only found out about this son 18 months ago and after spending time with him in Brazil at that time, he disappeared.

In the quest to find his son's killer, Pendergast finds out much more. He gets duped and almost killed, but he also finds out his son had planned to kill Pendergast. The police officer, Lt. D'Agosta, who apparently is also a recurring character, tries to keep the investigation on track, but it's difficult when Pendergast is so secretive.

I found the beginning to take a while to get going. This may be because of not knowing the characters. It took me a while to get my bearings. Constance and Margo, more familiar characters, play a big part in saving the day and almost die among a lot of tense moments at the end. I enjoyed these intelligent, brave, and resourceful women.

I'd definitely read more of this series. I'm sure having some background about these characters would make Blue Labyrinth even better, but I really enjoyed it all the same. Teens who like a good mystery will also be entertained, and this is totally appropriate for them.

Published by Grand Central Publishing, November 11, 2014
eARC obtained from Edelweiss
416 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...