Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Book Review: My True Love Gave to Me - Twelve Holiday Stories

Twelve heartwarming holiday stories by some of today's best YA authors. What's not to like? My True Love Gave to Me really hit the spot.

All twelve stories have some romance, and some have a paranormal or dystopian element. There wasn't one story I didn't like. And, after all, they are short stories, so even if you don't like it, it's SHORT.

Sometimes short stories don't have enough for me. (I'm not usually a fan.) But each of these stories has enough character, setting, and plot elements to feel complete.

I'm not going to tell you about each story, but here are my three favorites:

It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown, by Stephanie Perkins (she also edited the book.)
What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman
Star of Bethlehem, by Ally Carter

I probably chose those because they are the most heartwarming, and after all that's what I wanted in a holiday story. But I wouldn't recommend skipping any of the stories.

If you look at the list of authors for these stories, you can imagine the amount of creativity and beautiful writing contained in these pages. If (or when) you are in the mood for some holiday reading, put My True Love Gave to Me at the top of your list.

Published by St. Martin's Griffin, October 14, 2014
Copy obtained from the library
321 pages

Rating: 5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I'm glad this one turned out to be great. Short stories don't circ well at my library, but I was hoping that some of the big name authors in this one would change that. I'm looking forward to reading this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I don't circulate many short stories either, but Let it Snow did well (also holiday stories) and I think this one will too. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big short story fan either, but this collection features some great authors. I definitely need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of novellas but this sounds like an amazing read :)

    Benish | Feminist Reflections
    A Thousand Pieces of You Hardcover Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...