Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Keep Sweet

Jill at Breaking The Spine hosts this weekly meme where bloggers talk about what books they wish they could get their hands on. I don't often post for this one, unless I've heard about a book I'm particularly interested in. This week I heard about a book that just came out, and I'm intrigued. 

Keep Sweet, by Michele Dominquez Greene was released on March 8, 2011.  It's about a 14-year-old girl who lives in a polygamist compound with her father, his seven wives, and her 28 siblings. She faces a forced marriage to a violent 50-year-old man. Is escape impossible?


I don't believe I've seen any discussions or reviews of this book. Has anyone read it? What did you think? Please let me know in the comments, and let me know what you are waiting on!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. It came out in hardback a year ago. I really liked it.

    My review
    http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/01/keep-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is amazing. I love it. I have only read one book like it and it was The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams. I loved it so I think I would like this one. I have not heard of it before.

    http://lostinaywonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's kind of a crazy story! I had never heard of it. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    http://littleshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard of the book before. The synopsis sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...