Friday, March 11, 2011

It's time for Follow Friday!

Thanks to Parajunkee’s View for hosting this Friday Follow event every week!

Q. Just like Ashley said (love it) "Ashley the girl..." who are You the Boy/Girl, instead of You the Blogger?

I’m a very close to 50-year-old high school librarian. This is my dream job. I have a wonderful husband who works from home and is also a volunteer fire fighter. I have a 23-year-old daughter living at home going to grad school. She’s engaged, so we’re having fun wedding planning. I have a 21-year-old (well, next week he will be) who goes to a local university, but lives in a house with friends. I have a German Shepherd Dog who is spoiled rotten and is truly one of our family.

Besides reading and blogging, I love to cook and sew and do machine embroidery. You can visit my other blog (http://annetteshobbyspot.blogspot.com) if you are interested in that sort of thing.

We bought a camper and a truck and our favorite thing to do is go camping—right now, in the summer because I’m off school and hubby can work from anywhere! After retirement, we intend to spend a considerable amount of time camping. It’s very relaxing and we love it.



Thanks to Crazy-For-Books for hosting the weekly Book Blogger Hop!

"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

Oh, what fun! Would you please? I have a few books that I would buy—Sing You Home, Wither, and perhaps Rival. But my favorite thing to do is just BROWSE and find things! So, with whatever I have left I would just see what books “call to me” at that time.


As, usual, these hops are always fun. I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone else answers these questions. Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you back here soon. Have a great weekend and happy reading!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

9 comments:

  1. Isn't camping fun?! We used to do it a good bit when the boys were small... but they "have their own life" now... that is until they need money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get Wither too. I need to remember that the next time I go to a bookstore.

    That's so cool that you're a librarian. Did you get a degree in library science, or did you just happen on the profession?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wither is awesome. I reviewed it earlier this week.

    I've always thought being a librarian would be fun. I bet you're an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

    The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

    Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, new follower here! Awesome book choices. And your dog sounds like my cats, I spoil them rotten! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I really want to learn how to sew. Once we're done moving for awhile, I'm going to buy a good machine and learn to make quilts.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annette :) Just an old follower hopping through. Wither was a really great read, very character driven. I like to browse when I'm at the bookstore, too! I usually only have a few boos that I'm actively looking for. I could spend all day exploring different books and discovering new reads! Here's my post, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annette;
    Enjoyed your blog today and posted a link to it on mine.
    How can I get my blog listed on your blog list?
    Mike Draper
    http://mikedraperinguilford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just hopping through from the blog hop! I'm a new follower :)
    http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...