Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Memories - Between a Rock and a Hard Place



Welcome to my meme, Monday Memories, where I feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and leave a comment below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

I also wanted to let you know about another wonderful blog that you should check out. Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing does a weekly post called Memory Monday. She has been posting about her childhood memories of books. What's great about Ashley's site is that she is asking for guest posts for her Memory Monday event!  So hop on over there and check it out.



What an impression Between a Rock and a Hard Place made. I still think about it, about six years after reading it. I've not seen the movie (127 Hours) and I don't think I want to. I remember the book goes back and forth between his current (horrible) situation with his arm stuck in a rock, and not much food, water, or hope of rescue, and his past which explains how he ended up hiking alone without telling anyone where he was going. I remember the turmoil -- I wanted to know how he was going to get out if this situation (although it's pretty obvious from the cover and well-publicized story) but needed those breaks from the tension that the back story allowed. It was harrowing, and realizing it is a true story just drove that home.

I don't read many memoirs. I don't care for most of them -- not many people have a book worth of interesting stuff to say, in my opinion. But, this one was worth it. Like I said, I still think about this story.

What books have stayed with you long after you've read them? Does it matter if it's a true story? Does that make it stick with you? How do you feel about memoirs? Which ones are worth reading?

Share one of your cherished book memories!


You can do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.  Leave a comment below with the link to your post.

Or, just leave one of your Monday Memories right here in the comments.

Be sure to visit some other blogs that have posted their links. Thanks!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...