Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review: Infinityglass, by Myra McEntire

Infinityglass kept my interest, but didn't blow me away like the first two novels in the Hourglass Series.

Infinityglass is the story of Hallie, whose has the ability to change her appearance. Her father keeps her tightly under wraps, because of his position as head of Girard Industries and his reputation as a gangster. He's really the head of Chonos, and he and his loved ones are always in danger.

The only thing Hallie is allowed to do are jobs for Chronos. She completes these jobs with Poe, who can teleport. They steal things. But only for good reasons, right?

Back at Hourglass, Dune is always in search of the Infinityglass. He discovers that the Infinityglass is not an object, but a person. You guessed it -- it's Hallie.

Hallie's powers have become stronger and she doesn't know why. Dune pretends to be her bodyguard, as he tries to determine just what's happening to her, but things progress and he eventually tells her the truth and also falls in love with her.

Hallie is in danger, because she's actually entering the time rips, and sometimes taking others with her. She's afraid at some point she will get stuck and won't be able to return.

I didn't really get the feeling of tension and build up like I did in Hourglass and Timepiece. I thought Hallie and Dune were both cute characters, and I liked the way their relationship developed, even if some of it was a bit sappy. There is a culminating exciting event, but in general the plot of Infinityglass was a bit weak except for the romance.

The POV changes between Dune and Hallie and I got confused at times between who was "I." Sometimes the dialog goes back and forth so fast and for so long that I lost track of who was talking.

It's short, and the pacing keeps you going, so I still think if your are invested in this series Infinityglass is a worthwhile read. You could actually read this book as a standalone, but I would recommend reading the others first, just for the background information (and I liked them better.)

These are still some of my favorite covers ever!

Published by Egmont, 2013
Copy obtained from the library
293 pages

Rating: 3.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear it wasn't as good as the first ones, but that its worthwhile for the series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...