Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Book Review: Timepiece, by Myra McEntire @MyraMcEntire

Timepiece is every bit as exciting as Hourglass.

Timepiece is told from Kaleb's perspective. I was kind of "meh" about Kaleb in Hourglass. I was surprised at all the reviews I read spouting love for Kaleb. And I was like, "really?" I didn't see it. But, he redeemed himself in Timepiece.


It was confusing for me for a while. I kept thinking that "I" was Emerson -- not Kaleb. Once I got used to that, I was OK. Timepiece starts out with a bang! First, Jack appears at a party and disappears before anyone can get him. Then, a mysterious man appears and threatens to take everyone back to the past, where people were dead, and bad things were happening if Kaleb, Emerson, and Michael don't find and bring Jack to him.

Once again they are off on an adventure, and it really never stops. McEntire does a good job of reminding us of the details of Hourglass without just rehashing the whole story. I appreciated that, especially where the minor characters were concerned, because I had forgotten some of those details.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away. There is also some wonderful romantic tension -- and it's not Emerson and Michael this time.

The ending is very satisfying. Happy, but there's still more to be done. All is not perfect with the time continuum, and I'm sure there's more adventures to be had.

It was also weird reading Timepiece, since my daughter's name is Emily. Her husband is Michael, so we are always talking about "Em and Mike" just like in this book!

I can't imagine why you wouldn't read Timepiece if you enjoyed Hourglass. It's a worthwhile addition to the story -- not just filler -- there's a real plot here. If you haven't read Hourglass, then you need to take care of that first. Timepiece will be an exciting addition to my library shelves -- many students will be happy to see this one in the fall.

Published by EgmontUSA, June 12, 2012
eBook obtained from NetGalley
336 pages (qualifies for my Books You Can Read in a Day Challenge!)

Rating: 4.5/5






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a great review! I have not yet read Hourglass. I would love to read Timepiece now that I have read your review, but it will have to wait just a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great review. I haven't read hourglass yet either, but I just won it on another blog so Im excited to pick it up soon. :) I have heard the same things about Kaleb from a few other reviews too so I won't give up on him if I don't like him in the first book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...