Monday, November 17, 2014

Book Review: Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie

I thought Creed was going to have a supernatural element, but it doesn't, which makes it all the more spine chilling.

Dee, her boyfriend Luke, and his brother Mike run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, and it's freezing cold. Since no cars seem to be driving by to help, they decide to walk to the nearest town. The town is strangely quiet and seems to be abandoned. There is a siren going off, so the teens assume everyone evacuated for some reason. What they end up finding is much worse than they could ever dream.

You could call this a religious cult book. They are kidnapped. The townspeople listen to only one man, and the teens become his target. It's scary, and gruesome and horrifying.

Creed was a very quick read for me. Although there are more than one truly unbelievable contrivances (starting out with the fact that they stopped at a gas station and FORGOT to get gas), I still found the book compelling. I also didn't care for the ending. I'm being purposefully vague here to avoid spoilers, but I thought the adults' behavior was unrealistic. There had to be some evidence.

I think teens who love survival/horror stories will eat this one up. I won't hesitate to recommend it to them.

Published by Flux, November 8, 2014
eARC obtained from NetGalley
264 pages (qualifies for my Books You Can Read in a Day Challenge!)

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I have been DYING to read this book and I just realized you had reviewed it because of your post today. I didn't realize it was a cult book! Now I HAVE to get my hands on it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...