Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 "Books You Can Read in a Day" Reading Challenge

You can grab this button for your post. If you want to link back to this post, copy the code from the button on the sidebar.
I've hosted this challenge for a couple of years, with little participation. But because I want to keep track of these books myself, I'm offering it again -- even if I'm the only participant. Feel free to participate if you are interested.

I seem to have a lot of little, short books that are being added to my TBR. And there are also some old classics that are short that I still haven't found time to read. So....I'm challenging myself. And, so of course, I'm going to offer the challenge to you too.

What can you read in a day? Well, that's kind of up to you to decide. I don't want to be too rigid about this -- it's supposed to be fun. Most of the books I've chosen are less than 200 pages. However, if it's a novel in verse, it could be longer. Any size graphic novel will probably work. And, if you don't make it in a day, don't beat yourself up. You can still count it if it takes a little longer (not, of course, if it takes several days, though.)

Rules:

You don't need a blog to participate. But you probably need a Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing account. Someplace you keep track.

Audio (if you can listen in a day) and ebooks are OK.

Books must be adult, YA, or middle school books. No children's or picture books allowed.

No re-reads, however you can count books read for this challenge towards other challenges in which you are participating

Copy the button, create a sign up post and post the link below.

Not required, but very helpful if you would follow my blog. That way, when I do update posts, you will be aware so you can link to them.

Please post at least a few books that you intend to read for this challenge (that my help others add to their lists), but feel free to update your list as the year goes on.

Challenge goes from January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014

Levels:

Level 1 - Read 15 books
Level 2 - Read 25 books
Level 3 - Read 35 books
Level 4 - Read 50+ books


I am going for Level 2. In 2013 I BARELY made that, but I'm going to try for 25 books again. I'm hoping I'll get some ideas from all of you. These are in no particular order, and you will see they are the ones from last year's list that I still haven't got to!

1.  Animal Farm by Orwell
2. Locomotion by Woodson
3.  From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by Konigsburg
4. The Alchemist by Coehlo
5.  This is What I Did by Ellis
6. Blank Confession by Hautman
7. If I Grew Up by Strasser
8. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Standiford
9. Jumped by Williams-Garcia
10. Chasing Brooklyn by Schroeder
11. Scars by Ranfield
12. Things a Brother Knows by Reinhardt
13. I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Schroeder
14. Tighter by Griffin
15. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Wilde 






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this again. I'm definitely going to take part again. This year I managed 95 books (so far, still got 2 days to go!) I want to see if I can break the 100 books mark next year. I love the challenge of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing. My goal was 25 this year, and I barely made it! Have fun and keep me posted!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...