Thursday, November 13, 2014

Book Review: Killer Instinct: The Naturals Bk 2, by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I enjoyed Killer Instinct even more than the first book, The Naturals.

The teens are working with a new agent, a woman who doesn't seem to like them at all. And she has a history, which of course they are going to figure out.

Last book, we had the teens involved in an active case, even though they are only supposed to work on cold cases. In Killer Instinct the same thing happens. The case is personal, as it was in The Naturals, and they can't help but try to find this new serial killer.

The plot really moves, and as with the first book, I think this is a great choice for reluctant readers. The conversations between the teens is always entertaining, as they are profiling each other and their suspects, detecting who is telling lies, and trying to be supportive of each other. And there's a love triangle, that adds to the tension. And a dangerous, death defying ending.

I just took this book more seriously. I felt the teens were more mature and realistic. You still have to suspend some disbelief -- we are talking about teens working for the FBI, so....

The resolution was a surprise. I could not have predicted "who done it" and that is always a bonus. If you enjoyed The Naturals I would highly recommend Killer Instinct. And if you enjoy some good teen detective stories, start with The Naturals first, so you get to know these characters.

Published by Disney-Hyperion, November 4, 2014
eARC obtained from NetGalley
384 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same - I enjoyed this one more than the first book, which is great! Definitely the characters were better, and the story had some great twists. I loved how suspenseful the ending was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...