Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Review: Heist Society, by Ally Carter

Heist Society is one of those books that you just have to love. It’s silly and fun and is a perfect summer read.

Katarina tried hard to get out of the family business – art theft – by attending a prestigious boarding school, but when her dad is in trouble, she can’t help but be pulled back into this world – and she’s a very talented member of the family.

Carter’s characters are so enjoyable in this book, and the plot doesn’t disappoint. I’ve read that many people think that Kat and her team behave like they are older than teenagers, and I agree, but I didn’t really care. Teens will still love this book.

Kat, and her maybe boyfriend, Hale must assemble a team to pull off an impossible heist. Now, this may sound immoral, but it’s all for a good cause. The paintings they are trying to recover were stolen by the Nazis during WWII. They are witty and conniving, and very creative. Much of it seems a bit over the top, but that’s what it’s all about. The story remains light – we don’t get too bogged down in the actual technical details of the theft, just enough to make it seem possible (or impossible?)

It’s quick, it’s fun, and I can’t wait to read about Kat’s next adventure in Uncommon Criminals. There’s not too much romance here and enough action and suspense that I would recommend this to boys and girls who enjoy a good action/adventure story.

Published by Hyperion, 2010
Copy obtained from the library
304 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. I quite fancy reading this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just met Ally Carter at LeakyCon last week! She was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this novel and I can't wait to read Uncommon Criminals. Though I do wonder what W.W. stands for in W.W. Hale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this one and UNCOMMON CRIMINALS -- fun stories with plenty of puzzles and action.
    Mary @ Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been seeing this book on a lot of blogs lately. It has a fun premise! Someone described it as a YA Ocean's 11, which makes me want to read it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised to find I loved this book as much as I did - it's such a fun series, and the sequel is just as good! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...