Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book Review: The Agency: The Traitor in the Tunnel, by Y. S. Lee

The Traitor in the Tunnel, the third book in The Agency, is as entertaining as the first book and left me, once again, wanting more.

I love Mary Quinn. She's plucky, brave, and intelligent. She's working as a maid at Buckingham Palace to find out who is stealing valuable trinkets. But that's not really the story here -- there's so much more. These mysteries always turn more complicated for Mary than she expects, and the twists and turns are part of what is so special about these books.

And James is back, so there's more romantic potential, which aren't we all hoping for? I won't say any more about that except the relationship does change -- I just won't say how.

And, after the first book, I was hoping to find out more about Mary's father, and in this book that plot progresses also, and I must say, the direction is unexpected.

There's excitement, royal intrigue, danger, sadness, and romance. All in this little bitty story. These books are definitely worth it if you like historical romance or cozy mysteries. The plot doesn't stop, the pace is brisk, and the pages fly by. These characters have found a place in my heart, and I hope Lee isn't finished yet.

Published by Candlewick, February 28, 2012
eBook obtained from NetGalley for review
384 pages

Rating: 4.5/5




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...