Friday, April 5, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday - Books You Loved or Hated

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Happy Friday everyone. For me, spring is finally here! We are supposed to have a great weather weekend, and I'm looking forward to it. Here's this week's question from Parajunkee & Alison:

Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate -- ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?



Well, I'm sure I could name quite a few books that were required reading during my education that I ended up not liking very much. But  I'm going to talk about a more recent book (well, not that recent) but one that was read by choice. I don't know -- this might be a popular answer today, but I really wasn't sure about Harry Potter.

I'm not a big fantasy fan, as I've said many times on this blog, but there are exceptions, and Harry Potter  made me realize that it's the quality of writing, the characters, and the exquisite world building that will allow me to love ANY book - fantasy, science fiction, romance, dystopian....whatever.  Harry Potter changed my reading world...as it did for many. But I might not be the "norm" because I was an adult when this series was released (in my 30's). I loved those books like a kid, though!

How about you? Books you hated? Loved? Leave me a link so I can visit. Be sure to visit Parajunkee & Alison to see all the blogs participating. Have a great weekend and come back soon!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like any book I had to read for school... some were okay, but most of them were a pain to get through!

    New Follower :)
    My FF: http://thereadingkitten.blogspot.nl/2013/04/feature-and-follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Harry Potter fan, eh? I so love that series- to the core! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a lot of people chose Harry Potter! I absolutely love the books :) New follower
    Check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people have said Harry Potter! So glad it changed so many people! Fantasy is such a cool genre!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...