Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF - Why Blog?

Ginger at GReads! wants to know:


A Book Blogger is Born: What made you decide to start your very own book blog?


I started blogging a few years ago at Annette's Hobby Spot. I started that because a friend had a cooking blog, and it looked like fun. So I blogged about cooking, sewing, camping, and of course reading. (I apologize for those old reviews, if you go back and look at any of them.)

After almost a year, I found some great book blogs, and decided I wanted to do more in-depth reviews and really concentrate on books. Writing about books is fun, and it also helps me analyze and internalize what I read. I really started this blog for ME. To keep track of what I read and get more out of each book. So Annette's Book Spot was born. And, unfortunately, I rarely post to my original blog any more, even though I still cook, sew, and camp. I just don't take the time to record much of it.

I've met my goal. I feel I'm getting a lot more out of books from writing about them and from reading other's thoughts. I had no idea other people would want to read what I have to say. That's been a delightful bonus! The highlight of my day, besides reading a book, is reading my feeds from all your wonderful blogs. I've been doing this almost two years -- and I've not experienced any blogger burn out *knocks on wood.*

Thank you all for making this such a fun thing to do. Thanks for visiting; I hope you'll come back soon. Have a great weekend.




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. TGIF! :) Nice to read your thoughts about blogging. I also feel like I get more of out books (or at least, many of them), now that I have my blog.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with your post. I do get a lot more from books now that I talk about them. I pay a lot more attention to details, such as location, names etc. And the community of book bloggers is awesome.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too blog about everything and anything but I keep them all in one blog. That is just the way I like it :)

    Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/tgifffbbh-51812.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blogging, I haven't experienced blogging burn out yet, 2 or 3 reading slumps which is hell.

    I have been blogging for 2 years and love the recommendations after reading reviews and having lists of books that I will never get to :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...