Monday, November 4, 2013

Why I Skipped the Weekend

Didn't do my usual posting, reading or commenting over the weekend because I was attending our AWESOME Illinois School Library Media Association annual conference!
                                        School Libraries: The Core of Student Success

I saw several excellent presentations. First of all, our keynote speaker on Friday night was Tim Green. He's an excellent speaker and a really nice guy. I highly recommend him if you are looking for an author to come to your school.


Then, Saturday morning, we heard Sharon Draper, and she is awesome too! She also had a breakout session where she talked about all of her books. I can't wait to read her new book, Panic.

For our Saturday keynote, we enjoyed The Mighty Little Librarian, Tiffany Whitehead. She has great, cutting-edge thoughts on being a school librarian. I highly recommend following her blog and twitter (@librarian_tiff)


I always attend Michael Cart's presentation on the Best of the Best in High School literature. He's at our conference every year, and I always come home with a huge list of books to buy for the library. We had sessions about technology, the Common Core, literature, and many other topics. 

The best part for me is networking with librarians from all over the state who I've become friends with and usually only get to see each year during conference. Librarians have great ideas, and they love to share. The ISLMA conference is always a very worthwhile experience.





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved


3 comments:

  1. Oh, your conference sounds so satisfying. I attended ours a few weeks back and met with authors Ruta Sepetys and Jay Asher. But I wish I could attend Michael Cart's session on the Best of the Best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new Sharon Draper book? Sign me up. It's always so invigorating to go to these conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic conference! So glad you got the opportunity to hear so many authors speak. I'm excited to read Panic too, can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...