Saturday, December 28, 2013

Book Review: Perfect Scoundrels, by Ally Carter

Normally, I don't post reviews on Saturday, but I just HAD to get one more review in before the end of 2013! Also, I didn't get ANY books this week, not even for Christmas, so I have no Stacking the Shelves post for today. Enjoy your weekend!

I love the Heist Society books and Perfect Scoundrels is no exception.

This time the heist is more personal. Kat is trying to save Hale. You see, he's inherited the family business, but Kat has been led to believe that the will was not valid. She needs to find the real will. Since Hale is a minor, the company will be run by a trustee, Garrett, until Hale is 25.  But Kat knows that Garrett cannot be trusted.

That's the set up, but things don't go as planned, and there are a lot of surprises. All the old characters are back to help Kat, and a few new ones. I love how these books always make you think all is lost, but somehow they manage to pull it off.

I love Kat. She's feisty and smart. I love Hale. He's mysterious and cute. Although Kat and her crew travel all over the world, the settings are not that important. These books are all about the plot. And, also about figuring out Hale's first name (which isn't revealed in Perfect Scoundrels!) Their romance does move forward, but still doesn't take over the book.

Perfect Scoundrels is a rip-roaring, fun ride that never stops. It reads quickly and makes you feel good at the end. All is well -- at least for the time being! I wouldn't call these books predictable -- there are too many surprises -- but they have a familiar rhythm, ala Oceans Eleven. And to me, that's a plus. The series doesn't need to be read in order, but the prior heists are referred to, so I recommend reading Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals first.

Published by Disney Hyperion, February 5, 2013
Copy obtained from the library
328 pages (qualifies for my Books You Can Read in a Day Challenge!)

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2013 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEEEEPPP I love this series! I haven't read this one yet, but lordy, I want to. Soooo disappointed to hear we don't find out his name but thrilled the relationship moves forward.
    Great review!
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...