Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's my Blogoversary!


Today is my One Year Blogoversary! First of all, thanks for visiting, and you can stop reading right now if you want. Secondly, my niece is getting married today, and both my kids are in the wedding, so it’s a big day and I won’t be around to hit my Google Reader or do much commenting. But I won’t be gone for long.

The story of Annette’s Book Spot:

I have another blog that I don’t post much on any more, but it was the first, The Housework Isn’t Getting Done, and I wrote about cooking, sewing, camping, and reading (my favorite hobbies.) But I read a whole bunch, and I read pretty fast. I found that if I wrote about the books I read I could remember them much better long term. I also thought some of my students and family would enjoy reading about the books I’ve read, as a sort of reader’s advisory service. I wanted to get some more advanced review copies – I had started using the LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program and had received a couple of books. That was exciting!

So, on September 17, 2010, I decided to start a book blog. I called it The More You Read, The More You Will Know!  You will see older posts on my blog, but that’s because I copied them over from the original blog. I’m not very proud of most of them… but this has been a learning experience!

Thing that have happened this year:

I have about 325 followers – this blog wasn’t about getting followers, but it is still exciting.  It motivates me to try to do a better job. I’ve had about 28,000 pageviews. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad, but it sounds OK to me.

I changed my blog name – I decided the name of my blog should match the URL, which has always been Annette’s Book Spot.

I got brave and asked a couple of authors for interviews. That was exciting too!

I won some books from some great bloggers, and I had some of my own giveaways.

Several authors have commented on my reviews of their books! That is a really thrilling thing to read.

I have managed to get more review copies from various sources including a publisher that read a review I wrote and wanted to know if I would review the second book by that author.

I started tweeting as a way to further connect with book people – this has been a lot of fun too, but talk about eating up some time! I have to limit myself, otherwise I don’t get any reading done.

I found over 250 blogs that I regularly follow. This only happened after I discovered Google Reader – what a GREAT tool. I’m addicted to my reader…..

I’ve learned about SEO and have applied SOME of the basic tenants.

I participate in a couple of weekly memes, and I started one of my own, Monday Memories. It’s not been very successful, but I’m still enjoying it.

I changed my layout twice. I’m not very good at it, but each time I learn more.

I’ve learned SO MUCH!! About blogging, about books, about writing, and about life. And I’ve had a lot of fun. I love this stuff. 

All of these things listed above are because of YOU. The book blogging community is SO friendly and helpful; I really appreciate all of you.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I’m posting a Blogoversary Giveaway on Monday, so stay tuned……






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

22 comments:

  1. Some great achievements! Congrats and happy blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! So exciting for you to have so much success - hope you're celebrating in style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on celebrating your one year. Even though I don't comment very much, I've stop by quiet frequently to see what all you have to say.

    Good luck to you in your next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratz!! Hope you keep on keeping on.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that you have been blogging for only one year. You seem so much more "with it" than me and I've been at it for two. Though I confess that I still hold back. I don't Tweet, I haven't tried an interview with an author yet. I still want to read and review more than write and comment.

    Congratulations.

    Anne@My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you've only been blogging for a year! You have done an incredible job! Congratulations on not only your anniversary but also on all you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogoversary how exciting. Enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogoversary, and here's to many more years! :D

    I've only recently discovered Google Reader and don't know how I was getting by without it before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogoversary!! I love my Google Reader too! That's how I noticed your Blogoversary announcement :-) My one year is also coming up soon (October) but you're way ahead of me, I still don't understand anything about SEO. Feel free to drop me some hints if you have time! Congratulations!

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogoversary!!! You are an awesome addition to the book blogging community. And hh my goodness, you're subscribed to 250 blogs?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 1 year!! It's pretty incredible to look back on all the books and memories from the past year of blogging, isn't it? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging really is wonderful, isn't it? And the book blogging community is such a wonderful one. Finishing one year is such an accomplishment and the next one will go quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your one-year milestone. It's a big achievement and you should be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Annette! Such an accomplishment - the blogosphere is better because of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Annette!! I enjoy your spot!! --btw, what's seo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Congratulations on a lovely year of blogging! It's a huge milestone in the blogging world. Cheers!
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy one year and congrats on all of those awesome things you've accomplished! I hope you're very proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on one year!! I love Google reader too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your first year! Those are great accomplishments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...