Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Memories: Tell No One



Welcome to my meme, Monday Memories, where I feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and leave a comment below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

I also wanted to let you know about another wonderful blog that you should check out. Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing does a weekly post called Memory Monday. She has been posting about her childhood memories of books. What's great about Ashley's site is that she is asking for guest posts for her Memory Monday event!  So hop on over there and check it out. I'm hoping to do a guest post for her soon!



Tell No One, by Harlan Coben, is one of the best thriller novels I have ever read. This is one of those that you pick up and read the first three pages, and you are hooked. I don't know how he does it, but this book just never stops.

I read this when it first came out, and gave it to my husband as soon as I was finished. It then passed through my daughter, her boyfriend, his mom, and even MY SON. Let me tell you about my son....

He's the definition of a reluctant reader. So, I gave him this one and told him he would really like it. When he got about half way through, one night he came to see me. He wanted to know how it ended. You see, he couldn't put it down, and it made him mad, because he didn't want to read, but he had to know how it ended. Hah! I won! He finished it. He won't read any more Harlan Coben, though. Although, he is reading more than he used to. It was a great lesson for him to discover that there are "good" books that can entertain him. Not sure he knew that before.


Share one of your cherished book memories!

You can do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.  Leave a comment below with the link to your post.

Or, just leave one of your Monday Memories right here in the comments.

Be sure to visit some other blogs that have posted their links. Thanks!





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read a Harlan Corbin yet but I hear great things about him. Even his older books sound good. Why haven't I read him yet?

    And I like this meme! I'll have to try it out soon (I've got a contest starting today -- hey, stop on by!)

    Mary @BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here's a great story - back years and years ago, I found Harlan Cobens' Tell No One in my older sisters room. I read it secretly (since I felt I was too young to read it, in all honesty) And let me tell you that I LOVED it. It was so scary and spooky that I was frightened while reading it. Years went by and I forgot about the book, then from blogging I thought about it one day, searched the shelves at my book store and lo and behold - remembered it was this book!
    And of course I've read it a few times since then.

    Great post, and thanks for letting me share my little story here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you sound like me with Mr. Coben's books! After I finish one of his stand-alone suspense thrillers, I want to get others to read it too. I loved Tell No One and also Just One Look, and one more of his older ones, which titles escapes me now. Thanks for bringing back a memory of this favorite! Rae, Best O' Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...