Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Review: Yuletide Treasure by Andrea Kane

I got my Christmas romance fix with Yuletide Treasure

This short novella takes place in Victorian England, so the historical setting is a bonus for me, although it didn't play much of a part in the story.

Eric has been holed up in his manor house for years, seeing no one and going nowhere. He's isolated himself since the death of his sister. He has a niece, Noelle, who is returned to him after short stays with many different people in the village -- and she's a terror. Eric decides he needs a governess, and then is convinced that he needs a wife. Even though his demands for privacy and seclusion are unbelievable, he finds Brigitte to accept his terms. It turns out Brigitte has always been in love with Eric, since she was a little girl.

OK, so you have to roll your eyes, but then get over it. It's unlikely, but Brigitte's handling of Noelle is priceless -- as well as her handling of Eric. It's definitely a "happily ever after" story, but that's what I was after.

I could have stayed with these characters a little longer. The novella is only 90 pages, so things must happen very quickly. Eric's transformation is, shall we say, astounding?

On the other hand, it's not a huge investment, gave me warm fuzzies, and ended with a Christmas celebration. So, if that's what you are looking for, you can't go wrong with Yuletide Treasure.

Published by Pocket Star, November 27,2012
eBook purchased (for 99 cents!)
90 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I love reading Holiday romances this time of year. I think they help get me in the holiday spirit to matter how cheesy they are.

    When novellas are good I always want to stay with the characters longer. Sometimes I feel they are too short, but I guess if they were longer they wouldn't be a novella anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review. This shounds like a good cozy read. Who doesn't like the warm fuzzies during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of novellas and short stories but they can be fun sometimes. Too bad that the Victorian setting didn't play a big part I really like to be thrown into a foreign country in books. It sounds cute nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...