Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Book Review: Ruins, by Dan Wells

Wells fills Ruins, the third book in the Partials Sequence, with action, adventure, and lots of characters.

You really need to read Partials and Fragments before reading Ruins. Characters are separated and reunited. They are put in danger. New characters are introduced. New alliances are formed. And new bad guys appear!

Kira is still the main character, but we have many points of view. There was really a lot happening, and at times I felt a little whiplash from the changes in perspective. But it all comes together nicely and there are some exciting parts.

I didn't get the sense of urgency and non-stop pacing from Ruins like I did from Partials and Fragments. I'm not sure why -- this one took me four days to read, I think. That's a LONG time for me to get through a book and that might have something to do with my feelings about it.

You definitely have to read Ruins if you've read the other books. I would highly recommend the entire series, but Ruins just isn't my favorite of the three.

Published by Balzer + Bray, Marcy 11, 2014
Personal copy
451 pages

Rating: 4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...