Thursday, October 29, 2015

Book Review: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas @SJMaas

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas book cover and review
Suffice it to say, If you've read the other books in the Throne of Glass series, Queen of Shadows is not to be missed.

The tale is long and complex and I'm not going to do much of a summary. There are parts, especially at the beginning, that are somewhat slow moving, but Mass is a great storyteller, so it isn't difficult to get through.

Then the action picks up and is nonstop until the end. All the characters are back, but some have big surprises in store. Queen of Shadows wraps up this episode nicely (I love that) so no big cliffhanger. But rest assured, there is more to come!

This is a wonderful epic tale, for even those who shy away from high fantasy (like me.) The characters are human-like and it isn't all about the magical elements. If you haven't started Throne of Glass yet, you should give it a try.

A short review for a long book.  This series is highly recommended. I had this book laying on my desk at school for a couple of days and I can't tell you how many students came in and wanted it! I told them, "Sorry. I'm reading it. You can put a request in for when I'm done." At least one of them is going to be very happy tomorrow when this book is available!

Published by Bloomsbury, September 1, 2015
Copy obtained from the library
648 pages

Rating: 4.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2015 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...