Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Review: Frost, by Wendy Delsol


Frost is the continuation of Kat and Jack’s story that began in Stork. This time we are focused more on Jack’s unique abilities, rather than Kat’s.

There’s a “bad girl” in this one, who fools everyone except Kat, and even Kat cannot stop her from carrying out her plan. Kat gets to travel to Iceland, with her grandfather, and learns a lot about her ancestry, which I found interesting. The story is somewhat a re-telling of The Snow Queen, and Kat even takes part in her high school production of this musical. I’m not very familiar with this story, and it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of Frost. I felt the romance was a bit lacking; there isn’t any more advancement to Kat and Jack’s relationship, but I’m hoping that will heat up again in the next book.

There’s some tension and dangerous moments at the end, which kept me turning pages. There’s also the birth of Kat’s sister, opening all sorts of doors for the next installment of the series (Tide, October 2012). I can’t really say any more without giving away too much.

I enjoyed reading this book. I think I liked it a bit less than Stork, but I also intend to continue reading the series. It’s a unique story and kept my attention, but I wouldn’t consider this a “wow” book for me. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to my paranormal readers; I think there are many teens that would enjoy this one.

Published by Candlewick, October 11, 2012
Ebook provided by NetGalley
384 pages (qualifies for my 350 Page Book Challenge!)

Rating: 3/5






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I haven't even read Stork yet but I think this sounds like such a unique concept for a series that it makes me really want to read these books! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to read Stork, then! Sorry it was only a three-hat for you but I can understand... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was disappointed by this one. I loved Stork so much and then this one was just Bleah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...