Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Memories: Gone With the Wind


Welcome to my meme, Monday Memories, where I feature favorite books we've loved from the past. You can link to an old review, or write something new about a beloved book from your past. Really, what's important is not the book, but why it is memorable to you. So, have fun reminiscing, and leave a comment below, so we can all enjoy your memories.

I also wanted to let you know about another wonderful blog that you should check out. Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing does a weekly post called Memory Monday. She has been posting about her childhood memories of books. What's great about Ashley's site is that she is asking for guest posts for her Memory Monday event!  So hop on over there and check it out.

Gone With the Wind was my first "chunkster" book. I read this while I was in high school, and remember loving it. It might still be the longest book I've ever read...I've been trying to think if any longer, and none quite match up to the 1000+ pages of this tome. You know, it IS better than the movie, so if you think you've done enough by watching the movie, you should really read this. It's long, but it goes fast because it is well written and keeps your interest. I often have the urge to read this one again.  Someday.....


Share one of your cherished book memories!

You can do a Monday Memories post on your blog. Copy my button and link back here, so others can see all the other posts.  Leave a comment below with the link to your post.

Or, just leave one of your Monday Memories right here in the comments.





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I loved Gone with the Wind. I read it two summers ago and was blown away (no pun intended). I liked it so much I went and bought Scarlett and Rhett Butler's People. I haven't read either yet, but I just didn't want to let the story go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Gone with the Wind, I've read it three times now and each time it gets better. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...