Monday, December 19, 2011

The 12 Books of Christmas -- #6

I've been counting down my 12 favorite books of 2011, and  today we are ready for #6. To clarify, these are book I READ in 2011; they weren't necessarily published in 2011. I have rated 18 books so far this year with a perfect 5 out of 5 hats. So my top twelve books were a bit difficult to determine. Book # 6 is:
Dust & Decay, by Jonathan Maberry

Click on the title to read my full review. I loved Rot & Ruin, but it didn't quite make my top 12 books. Dust & Decay beat it out by a smidge. I really got into zombies this year. I never thought I'd say that (more on that tomorrow though...) I loved this one because of the tension, non-stop action, and yet the book was emotional. I cried. I laughed. I got to know the characters better, and I still think about how they're doing and am waiting for the next book so I can find out.

Do you ever do that? After you finish a fictional book, you keep wondering about where the characters are, and how they are doing?  And then you think, "Wait. It's just a story. Those characters don't exist." I love it when a book can do that. What a talented author. Here are some quotes from my review:


It's action packed, but the characters are so loveable that you want them to conquer these obstacles so badly! I also love that Maberry has created all of these colorful zom hunters. Each one is unique, creative, and entertaining. And...the villains are just as unique and horrible!

I love that there is an ending to the book. This episode is over, and there is closure. But, the journey isn’t over, and now they must decide whether to go back to Mountainside or continue on to the east.

If you love zombies, you have to read this series. If you love colorful, exciting characters and a thrilling plot, you should give these a chance.


Feel free to link up your favorite books in the comments, if you want. Tune in tomorrow for number 5! (Five GOLDEN Rings!!!)





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I'm still a little put off by the whole Zombie thing. I know I'm just being judgmental because I haven't read a zombie book yet, but I'm hoping in the new year I'll get over my phobia and try one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one would have been a little higher on my list. I really love this series and can't wait for Flesh and Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is #7 on my Top 11 of 2011. Love this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...