Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Book Review: Uncommon Criminals, by Ally Carter

If you enjoyed Heist Society,  then you will surely want to add Uncommon Criminals  to your list. Kat and her crew are at it again.

This time Kat and Hale and all of our favorite characters are trying to steal the Cleopatra Emerald. Well, of course, their intentions are noble, because this emerald was stolen from the tombs of Egypt, and Kat wants to return it.

Of course things go right, and then they go wrong, and then right again, as the plot twists and turns. And along the way we get to know Kat and Hale a little better, and perhaps the romance we have all been waiting for will begin -- perhaps??

The story is easy to read and follow. There's not much stopping of the action as we try to figure out just how this is going to be executed. The teens act older than teens but still have some youthful charm, and you will get so wrapped up that you will finish this one quickly.

I think you could read this one without reading the first book, Heist Society, by I'd still recommend reading them in order just to get the character backgrounds and to understand all the references made in Uncommon Criminals. Teens who enjoy heist books, a la Ocean's Eleven, should be directed to this series.

Published by Disney Hyperion, June 21, 2011
Copy obtained from the library
298 pages

Rating: 3.5/5




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Love this series. So, any guesses on Hale's real name? Winford? Winchester? Wally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Heist Society when I first read it, but after coming to love the TV show Leverage and after reading some other conman type stories, I think I will love the next book in this series. I will add this to the top of my 2012 list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ally Carter and her knack for adventure. But this book has been sitting on my TBR shelf for weeks now. I'd surely pick this up soon. :)

    Sarah @Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...