Saturday, December 17, 2011

The 12 Books of Christmas -- Book #8


I've been counting down my 12 favorite books of 2011, and  today we are ready for #8. To clarify, these are book I READ in 2011; they weren't necessarily published in 2011. I have rated 18 books so far this year with a perfect 5 out of 5 hats. So my top twelve books were a bit difficult to determine. Book # 8 is:


The Scorch Trials, by James Dashner

Click on the title to read my entire review. This book is a grabber. It's hard to sit down after just the first few page. It's about kids, who are having a rough time, and have no adults to help them. Actually, it seems like the adults are the ones causing all the problems, so it also tugged at my heartstrings. I wanted to be their mother. The survival aspects are creative and tense. Here's a quote from my review:


The plot moves rapidly, making this a quick read. It's just difficult to put down until all our beloved characters are "safe." But you know there's another story, The Death Cure, so I have a feeling this new-found safety is also short-lived.


Teens, both boys and girls, who like adventure stories love these books. They are never on the shelf very long.

Feel free to link up your favorite books in the comments, if you want. Tune in tomorrow for number 7!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...