Thursday, December 15, 2011

12 Books of Christmas -- Book #10

I've been counting down my 12 favorite books of 2011, and  today we are ready for #10. To clarify, these are book I READ in 2011; they weren't necessarily published in 2011. I have rated 18 books so far this year with a perfect 5 out of 5 hats. So my top twelve books was a bit difficult to determine. Book # 10 is:

Misfit, by Jon Skovron

Click on the title to read my full review. This is a story about demons, which really isn't my kind of book. But once again, I can expand my horizons, especially when the writing and characterizations draw me in and wouldn't let go. The feisty main character, Joel, is unforgettable. Here are some quotes from my review:

I loved Skovron’s descriptions of hell, of Jael’s powers, of her parents’ escape, of her entering souls, and of the big battle at the end. Everything was so creative, and so well-described that I was literally mesmerized.

The story is good, but it’s special because of the writing. I just felt like I was inside Jael. She was so strong that I never doubted she would prevail even though she had doubts herself.


Give this one a chance, if you are at all interested in paranormal stories. It's gripping!

Feel free to link up your favorite books in the comments, if you want. Tune in tomorrow for number 9!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...