Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The 12 Books of Christmas -- Book #11


I started counting down my 12 favorite books of 2011 yesterday. So, today we are ready for #11. To clarify, these are book I READ in 2011; they weren't necessarily published in 2011. I have rated 18 books so far this year with a perfect 5 out of 5 hats. So my top twelve books was a bit difficult to determine. I did cheat a little, because one "book" will be a series, since all of the books in the series got 5s and I read them all this year.  Book # 11 is:

Hate List, by Jennifer Brown

Click on the title to see my full review. I described this book as "gut-wrenching." It's about a school shooting, told by one of the victims, Valerie. But Valerie was also the girlfriend of the shooter, so it gets more complicated. Here's some quotes from my review:

My emotions ran the gamut while reading this--frustration, sadness, hate, and sympathy, to name a few.

It’s a good story; one that needs to be told.  And, in this case, it’s told in a sensitive, realistic manner that evokes such deep emotion that I would recommend this to anyone.

Feel free to link up your favorite books in the comments, if you want. Tune in tomorrow for number 10!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I have this book on my nightstand right now. I've been prepping myself to read it because I'm sure it will be emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book. Glad it is on your top list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...