Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The 12 Books of Christmas -- Book #5

I've been counting down my 12 favorite books of 2011, and  today we are ready for #5. To clarify, these are book I READ in 2011; they weren't necessarily published in 2011. I have rated 18 books so far this year with a perfect 5 out of 5 hats. So my top twelve books were a bit difficult to determine. Book # 5 is a bit different, because it's a series. I justify this choice because I read the entire series this year, and all the books received 5/5 ratings. And how perfect that the series ended up on the "Five Golden Rings" day!




Click on the titles to see my original reviews of these books. Like I alluded to yesterday, I would have never thought I would be a "zombie lover." The Forest of Hands and Teeth was the first zombie book I read, and I was hooked. Ryan is a masterful story-teller, and these books contain action, romance, tension, and everything I love in a book. Some quotes from my reviews:

From Forest of Hands and Teeth:

I really liked all the characters. Ryan makes you care about all of them, even with their faults. Their reactions to disaster are believable from people who are under this much pressure constantly. The end brings some sadness, some safety, and still a lot of questions to be answered.


The Dead-Tossed Waves is so much more than a zombie book. It’s about survival, adventure, family, romance, and even explores what it means to be “alive.”

How can she do that? How can she write such intense TERROR, and then write such insightful thoughts? To me, that’s what is special about Carrie Ryan.

From Dark & Hollow Places:

This book is heart-wrenching, and takes your breath away at the close calls and misery they sometimes must endure.

Ryan, once again, makes the reader feel connected to these characters and long for them to achieve all their hopes and dreams. There’s romance and tenderness as well as terror. All I can say is she’s done it again… keep it coming!

If you like thrilling paranormal books, even if you don't like zombies, I still highly recommend you try these. You just might change your mind!

Feel free to link up your favorite books in the comments, if you want. Tune in tomorrow for number 4!








Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2011 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. I picked up the first book in this series, but I'm still scared to read it because of the whole Zombie thing. The series sounds really good and it seems most people like it so I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good choice Annette. I still haven't got around to reading #3 yet, but it does keep inching up my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...