Thursday, October 11, 2012

Book Review: Through to You, by Emily Hainsworth @Emily_YA

I'll grant you that Through to You has a far-fetched premise, but it is romantic and has enough twists to keep you guessing.

Cam is trying to get over the death of his girlfriend, Viv, two months ago. He visits the spot where her car hit a pole almost every day. She was all Cam had, since he was injured a couple years ago and cannot play football. Now she's gone.

One time when he is visiting the site, he see's a ghost-like figure, and she knows him. She speaks to him like she is a real person, but she doesn't look real. She's Nina, and she's come through a "door" from a parallel universe. In this other universe, Nina and Cam are best friends.

I don't want to say too much about what happens, but you can probably guess that Cam is going to visit the "other" place. There are some surprises. Nina isn't entirely truthful, and Cam goes through a lot of soul-searching about his relationship with Viv.

Through to You isn't a really deep book. I think it's a typical YA book that will have great appeal to teen girls who like romance and perhaps a little paranormal twist. Through to You is well written, well paced, and  satisfying.

Don't think too much, just go along for the ride, and Through to You will provide plenty to enjoy.

Published by Balzer + Bray, October 2, 2012
Copy obtained from Edelweiss
272 pages

Rating: 3/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. I was really looking forward to reading this book. I still am but its good to know its just a feel good book and not too deep. I have to admit I do read a lot of the feel good books and I read them just for that. :) great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally think I might like it!! I like romance with a paranormal twist :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! You have a new follower! Stop by my blog if you would like, I'm having a giveaway and the prize is a copy of Wake by Amanda Hocking. I would love for you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds like something to breeze through on rainy Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the honest thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...