Friday, October 19, 2012

Follow Friday--Unusual Genres

Today's question: When you step out of your USUAL genre, what is it you read? Best books in that genre?
Well, since I usually read YA, and I'm a very eclectic reader, I guess "stepping out of my genre" is reading adult books. There are many adult books that I love, Recently I've read 11/22/63 by Stephen King and really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed a few books by Barbara Kingsolver (The Lacuna and Poisonwood Bible.) Those are a few that come to mind immediately.
This is kind of a hard question because I read almost anything!
I hope you have a great weekend. I'm at my librarians' conference, so commenting may be limited! Thanks for stopping by. I'll catch up next week.
Oh, and thanks to Parajunkee and Alison for hosting! I'm on blogsy on my iPad and I have no idea how to make those hyperlinks. So, hopefully you can find them by googling, if you don't already know them.






Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved


5 comments:

  1. Great picks! I really like Stephen King but I've debated whether to read that one or not. I guess I ought to try it. :D New follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that I'm a pretty versatile genre reader. I think there are probably books that I love and other books that I dislike in every genre so I try not to stick to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read 11/22/63 too! Sadly, there's just so much books out there and so little time.

    New follower! Here's my FF :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a lot of different genres as well, so it was a little hard to make a pick today.
    I'm a new linky follower, and here's my FF post for this week.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big YA reader at all, but i do like the new adult stuff, hence the blog name. But mostly I'm a science fiction junkie! Steamy romance and PNR are what I read out of my genre! :)

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...