Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stacking the Shelves - It's About Time!

After 3 or 4 weeks with NO Stacking the Shelves post, this week was STELLAR! Here's my haul:

Won:

The entire set of Lois Lowry's The Giver Quartet series. I've already read and reviewed The Giver this week, since I had never read that award-winning book before. Can't wait to read the rest. Aren't the new covers beautiful? I like that the new cover of The Giver still has the same old man as the classic cover. Won from Teen Librarian's Toolbox. These are going in my library and I'm certain they will be well read!

Masque of the Red Death, by Bethany Griffin, ARC from Jen at Makeshift Bookmark

A Want So Wicked, by Suzanne YoungARC from Jen at Makeshift Bookmark

Over You, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, ARC from Jen at Makeshift Bookmark

A Fractured Light, by Jocelyn Davies, ARC from Jen at Makeshift Bookmark


For Review:

Nutcracker, by E.T.A. Hoffmann, illustrated by Maurice Sendak, from the publisher, Random House.
I don't often get solicited by a publisher, and this is such a beautiful book. I'm so excited to read it. Thanks!

See what I mean? My mailbox was absolutely overflowing this week! Thanks to Tynga's Reviews for hosting STS, and thanks to you for stopping by! Let me know what you got this week....





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2012 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

12 comments:

  1. I love the Lois Lowry covers. I haven't read The Giver yet but will hopefully manage to do so soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul of books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win! Hope you enjoy the books :)
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, congrats on all the Lowry books, how awesome! And I just started reading Masque of the Red Death last night, so good so far :)
    Enjoy your new reads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read The Giver! I'm so slow. I love the edition you have; it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Hall! I still have to read Over You. It looks great. Can't wait to see what you think. Happy reading -- Gabby

    My Sts:
    http://gabbyreads.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelveshalloween-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats on winning the whole set by Lois Lowry! I got Masque of the Red Death this week as well and I am THRILLED :D VERY curious about A Want so Wicked, A Fractured Light & The Book of Night! Amazing haul, enjoy all your goodies :)

    Old follower, here's my StS

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow awesome book week! I really want to start the Giver series soon! Congrats on the win! Masque of Red Death was amazing!! Happy reading!!

    Our StS for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness you won a ton of amazingness this week! The Giver series with matching covers is gorgeous and its so sweet of you to be donating them to your school's library. I'm sure you will be very popular with your students! Awesome wins and thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Giver. i need to finish out the series and I need to get all the wonderful fabulous new covers. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul. Happy reading :)

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent books! I love that set of The Giver books. Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...