Friday, May 1, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday - Slumps

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend. Here's this week's question from Parajunkee and Alison:

How do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump? - Suggested by Take Me Away....

I can't really say that I've ever had a reading slump. Most of my lack of reading is because I'm busy with other things. Sometimes by choice (other hobbies) or necessity (life gets in the way.) After over 3 years of blogging (and many years of reading before that) I've never not wanted to read, I'm not really sure what that would feel like. I do have goals for reading, but I also know my limitations, and if I can't meet the goals I've set, I don't beat myself up. I'm just more laid back about reading, I have other interests that I turn to at times, and maybe that helps too.

This year is going to be interesting, though. I'm sure I'm not going to reach my reading goals (which really are just to equal my last year's numbers). I'm going to be a grandma in September! So I'm reserving lots of time for a very special daughter and her baby girl towards the end of the year and I'm sure that will impact my reading time.

How about you? I'll be interested in the answers you have. Please leave me a link and thanks for stopping by!




Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2015 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same way: being busy is my biggest cause for slump. The only way to get out of it is make time and stick to it! :D Happy Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you are busy sounds like a good way to avoid a slump! Sometimes having to write reviews can slow me down, though. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Being with your daughter and grandchild certainly is a good reason to slack on reading a little bit! :D

    Old follower!
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find I only get into reading slumps when I read the same type of book over and over again. Sometimes it just gets to be too much. Hope you enjoy Court of Thorn and Roses, I really enjoyed that book.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...