Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, by Cohn & Levithan

I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book.  It was so heartwarming, and interesting.  The main reason I love it was because of the voices of Dash and Lily.  I loved that Dash was into words, and books.  He was nerdy. He wasn't one of the popular kids in school, and was somewhat of a misfit, but for this situtation he was perfect.  He was funny, too.  I laughed out loud several times at his antics.

Lily, also, was a very sharp, witty teen. The situation that brought them together was creative.  It also took place during Christmas and New Years, so a perfect read for right now! A red notebook was left by Lily and found by Dash in a bookstore.  They begin to correspond through this notebook, and lead each other on all sorts of adventures.  I liked that they were afraid to meet in person -- I think it was a realistic fear, because I always feel like I can make myself sound better or different on paper than I really am.  (Now you are all wondering, what is she really like, this book blogger person???)

The supporting characters, Lily's cousin Mark, her brother, Langston, and her aunt, "Mrs. Basil E" were all wonderful and added to the "perkiness" of the story.  Dash's friends, in particular, Boomer, were well written also.  This was a book with a lot of "characters,"  all memorable and wonderful.

I really didn't not like anything.  It's a light, funny, heartwarming read.  If that's not what you are in the mood for, maybe you won't like this.  But, I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it now. I hate that I actually have to work because it's keeping me from the book. My 30 minutes for lunch just isn't long enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...