Monday, December 6, 2010

Holidays on Ice, by David Sedaris

I’ve been trying to read some good Christmas books, to get me “in the mood.”  I’ve never been a big David Sedaris fan. My daughter laughs out loud when she reads his books, but I tried reading Naked, and while I thought it was funny, I got very bored after reading a small portion of the book.  But, Holidays on Ice is a short book, and I thought it would be fun to try again.  I really enjoyed the first story, “SantaLand Diaries” about working in a department store as one of Santa’s elves.  I laughed out loud several  times.  But once again, I guess I just don’t get his humor.  I didn’t find the rest of the book very funny at all.  Anyway, it didn’t take long to read, and I’m off to another reading adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...